Here we go again: Jeff struggled out of bed and huffed on over to the PO BOx for treats:
- The Ken Chronicles ($2, Ken Bausert, 2140 Erma Drive, East Meadow, NY 11554-1120; firstname.lastname@example.org)
The latest issue of Ken's ongoing perzine, always a fun read.
- Blackguard #2 ($5, Box 93, Paddington NSW 2021, Australia; blackguard23.livejournal.com; email@example.com).
Let me just say, Blackguard #2 is gorgeous. Digest-sized, full color cover, HQ paper stock—it's a delight to hold and read. I'd say it's well worth $5 (postpaid!) to get this lump of great words from Australia. Plus, they love The Swine, what more do you need?
- Rigor Mortis #2 ($3 [or 1 MRE], Davida Gypsy Breier, POB 11064, Baltimore, MD 21212; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.leekinginc.com)
Joy in catville here. Another sixty pages of everything undead? Yes please.
- Smog City #1 ($4, POB 29753, Los Angeles, CA 90027; email@example.com)
An interestingly laid-out litzine with some aerchitectural surprises and plenty of fiction.
- Birdsongs by Jason Deas (3 Day Ranch Press, firstname.lastname@example.org). A novel, actually, available on Amazon.
- Wasted Quarter (many issues, no price or mail info listed). Certainly the address to send money to for this zine was probably included when I received them, but I can't find it printed anywhere in the actual zines. Perhaps I am an idiot. This is an interesting zine filled with a *lot* of stories, but all I can offer if you're intrigued is the email address email@example.com. Good luck.
That's it! Hope everyone is flu-free and moderately tipsy.
Blog - http://www.jeffreysomers.com/blather/
The Inner Swine - http://www.innerswine.com
Who and What We Are
Xerography Debt is a review zine for zine readers by zine writers (and readers). It is a hybrid of review zine and personal zine (the ancestor to many blogs). The paper version has been around since 1999. This blog thing is are attempt to bridge the gap between Web 2.0 and Paper 1.0. Print is not dead, but it is becoming more pixelated.